Monday 21 February 2011

The Ruins of Detroit by Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre

The Ruins of Detroit by Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre is a fantastic new photobook from Steidl.
I have been seeing some of these images around the web for  a while now and have been amazed and intrigued by both the decay of a once great city and the marvellous photography on show. The book has been available since December 2010 and until now I had been out off purchasing by the apparent high price. However a few days ago I was browsing the book on the Steidl website and saw the magic words 'sold out'!
I ordered a copy there and then, the book arrived this morning and it is worth every penny. It is huge and the quality of the reproductions is very impressive. 
 As I said earlier this book is sold out with the publisher, buy a copy now! If you are in the US you can get it for a great price here, if you are in the UK you can get it for a not quite so great price here.


No comments:

Post a Comment